Traveling with assistance dog

Do you want to travel abroad with an assistance dog? Then the following tips will come in handy:

  • Find out at the State Veterinary Administration what you need for the trip. It will definitely be a passport for small animals and, of course, compulsory vaccinations. Some states also have specific requirements in addition to these general ones.
  • You can get more information at the embassy or consulate of the country you are going to travel to.
  • It is advisable to provide the dog with a collar case with contact information (hotel address, etc.) in the language of the country, or at least in English.
  • When traveling by plane, report the assistance dog when booking the ticket. CSA will transport the dog free of charge and on board with passengers, only to Great Britain and Ireland will have to travel in the cargo area.
  • The dog must be marked on the aircraft and on a leash. You must have a muzzle, training certificate and passport with you if necessary.
  • It is good to bring with you a certificate of training in English, you never know when it will be useful. Auxiliary paws will expose it to their clients on request.

If you arrange all of the above, all you have to do is wish you a happy journey.